Event Planning Checklist
The team at River Spirit Golf Club will assist you in all your tournament planning needs, but here are a few tips you may want to keep in mind for running a successful tournament:
Up to 1 year in advance:
- Establish your tournament organizing committee, and name a Chair or Co-Chairs.
- Establish the purpose of your tournament – corporate networking, fundraising, or a combination of both.
- Select a date – what is your preferred date and start time, and your second choice?
- Set up a budget – remembering to allocate money for food, beverages, prizes, green fees, carts, Tee gifts, photography, etc.
- Book your course NOW. Prime dates are booked up to a year in advance.
- Select your tournament format – scramble, match play, stroke play, best ball.
- Solicit volunteers for assistance during event.
- Arrange for sponsorships (event sponsor, tee signage, prizes, dinner and or lunch sponsors, etc).
- Confirm contests that you would like to include – i.e. closest to the hole, longest drive, straightest drive.
- Don’t forget Hole-In-One insurance if required. Let us know the prize value and we can arrange the insurance
3 to 6 months in advance:
- Put together your invitation list and send out at least 60 or more days in advance.
- Coordinate “goody” bags – focus on quality and not necessarily quantity.
- Solicit or order prizing for the event.
- Meet with the course Food & Beverage Manager to finalize menus.
- Confirm on-site registration details-a well-organized check-in is vital to ensure a successful tournament.
Up to one month prior to event:
- Send out confirmation to participants including final details, agenda, directions etc (ideally up to 1 week in advance).
- Meet with course representative to confirm details of event, including final numbers, logistics.
- Confirm delivery of all items from suppliers, including signage, prizes, etc. We require prizes/signage to be delivered the day before if possible.
- Organize registration tables in advance-Are players pre-registered? Do some players still need to pay? How will you distribute tee gifts etc?
Call River Spirit Golf Club and let us help make your next golf tournament a resounding success!